Yum and Yumex

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 19:00:45 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-11-29 at 18:59 -0800, Leslie Satenstein wrote:
> Delete a module, reply Y, and yum will do it. Yum will also delete all
> the
> dependencies. Choose the right module to delete, and YUM and rpm will
> disappear.

Yes, so what is your point? Your original post said that yum did stuff
"silently". Asking you for permission before doing it is not "silent".

If you mean "yum should protect me from myself" then say so, but be
aware that stopping you from shooting yourself in the foot *even when
you confirm it* is not part of the job description for most Linux apps.

poc