F10 beta KDE LiveCD

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Oct 2 07:27:17 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson <cannewilson <at> googlemail.com> writes:
> I couldn't get any sound from opening test files with available applications.

It's probably muted, check your ALSA settings in KMix. Normally, the sound
hardware is supposed to be unmuted by the init scripts (ALSA defaults to all
muted), but that got broken by an ALSA change. The initscripts package has been
fixed in yesterday's Rawhide, but the fix didn't make the F10Beta cut.

> Finally, "SELinux is preventing restorecon (setfiles_t) "read write"
> unconfined_t"

SELinux preventing its own tools to do their job?! Sounds like a definite bug.

        Kevin Kofler