Fedora 10 on the XO

Adrian Mandy adrian at weelife.com
Fri Oct 3 22:32:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Joshua Daniel Franklin
<jdf.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 12:32 PM, James Laska wrote:
> > The test plan is very much in DRAFT (v0.0.1) mode, but there's no better
> > time to solicit feedback.  My intent is that the document will
> > eventually answer most/all questions surrounding the test effort.  Until
> > then, if something is unclear/incorrect please don't hesitate to shout.
>
> Thanks for writing this up! I'm on the XO list and am just waiting for kit.
> One thing I noticed is that several areas rely on keyboard mappings for
> accelerator keys; katzj posted this link on his blog:
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsien<http://people.freedesktop.org/%7Ehughsien>t/quirk/quirk-keymap-index.html
> Good reading for the "Getting Started" section, or maybe a condensed
> OLPC-specific primer. This might also be a good link to include:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_English_Keyboard
>
> --

I got the 4GB card (the blessed one) because it came with a tiny little card
reader for free. I just installed the live image on it. I just left it
formatted as fat32 is that ok? I had to install syslinux and mark the
partition as bootable but all that is pretty obvious during the install. I
haven't tried it, don't have my XO yet. Will it only boot on an XO or will
it work on any hardware?
--
Adrian