Anyone else seeing a stutter in gnome using rawhide

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Oct 13 12:06:08 UTC 2008

> If, for example, I'm typing, the text will stop appearing for second (or
> so) and then all the letters I've typed over that time appear.
>
> Add to this that the icons on the desktop will disappear, and then
> reappear.  This usually happens at the end of the pause.

I've certainly noticed the pauses. I haven't seen the icon behavior.

My impression is that keyboard and mouse handling has somehow become vastly
lower priority than disk IO processing. I've noticed when running "yum update"
I'll see the interactive pauses right at the same time each new rpm is
finished downloading or installing. (This is on a system with USB keyboard
and mouse and SATA disks).