F10 Snap 1

James Hubbard jameshubbard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 01:05:31 UTC 2008

Fedora 10 Snapshot 1 LiveCD has worked much better for than the Beta
Live CD.  While trying to use the Beta, I was not able to get it to
boot into X.  I had tried to a couple of boot params to force it to
use vesa, but I don't know if those are available anymore.  The video
card is listed as an ATI 3200.

With the Snapshot 1 LiveCD, it did boot into X.  My problem though is
that at 1920x1200, the login/desktop screen wiggles.  The more things
that are open, the worse it is.  By dropping down to a lower
resolution, the problem goes away.

I also installed from the LiveCD.  Everything was going fine until I
tried to send the hardware profile during first boot.  I didn't
realize that my network wasn't connected.  When I clicked send, it
dropped to a black screen and said something about iterating over int.

Profile:
http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_40f59bc4-1c21-470b-88bc-1aeefda634b4

--
James Hubbard