LiveUSB and PackageKit Updates

Michael Solberg msolberg at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 01:58:44 UTC 2008

Hi!

I'm sure someone's thought of this before, but I keep running into this
issue on the LiveUSB on the XO.

The issue is that /var/cache/yum is mounted as tmpfs on the Live image.
When I log into a desktop session that already knows my wireless key,
the updates applet attempts to download all the packages from Rawhide.
This fills the 256MB of RAM pretty quickly and that hangs the machine.
Does it make sense to turn that applet off in this case?  Or maybe not
mount /var/cache/yum as tmpfs when there's an overlay?

Michael.