f10beta frozen screen of death

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 18:44:40 UTC 2008

I have two different f10beta systems that intermittently hang.  They
appear completely
frozen.  The X screen freezes, the mouse pointer is visible but
doesn't move.  The
keyboard lock lights are unaffected by pressing the lock buttons.
REISUB doesn't work
(or at least I don't think it does... I might have pressed the wrong
keys).  This problem did
not happen in f9 and it happens every few hours of use in f10beta
(updated yesterday).

The systems share little in common other than being x86's.  One of
them is one of
those original Via Lindows boxes Walmart sold several years ago.  The other is a
Dell Precision 380 with ATI video.

Is there any productive information I can provide on this problem?

Cheers,

            David