Howto start Bluetooth Mouse

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 21:34:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 15:31 -0400, Jim wrote:
> FC10, Latest Updates
> How do you get the Bluetooth Mouse working on FC10 ??

On my system, it goes something like this:

0) Make mouse discoverable*
1) Click Bluetooth icon
2) Click "Setup new device..." to start the BT Device Wizard
3) Click "Forward"
4) Choose the mouse from the list and click "Forward"
5) A pairing request will be received; click "Enter PIN"
6) Enter the PIN for your device*

And that's it. Use your newly-connected mouse to click "Close" on the
Bluetooth wizard.

What happens when you try?

-w

*These things depend on what kind of mouse it is - for my Apple mouse
you just open the lens cover and it starts blinking, and the pin is
0000.