Received your XO? Let us know!

Benjamin Reed ranger at opennms.org
Sat Oct 18 03:53:36 UTC 2008

Benjamin Reed wrote:
> Jack Spaar wrote:
>
>> I see that Snap2 Live is out right now, including the KDE version:
>> 	http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/
>
> Cool, I'll give it a shot.
>
> There was supposed to be a new version of the script that did the swap
> stuff and such, wasn't there?  Does anyone know if that's been updated?

Ah, turns out the new script does do --swap-size-mb, it's just not in
the --help.  ;)

I've got the new snap set up, and I've gotta say, it's booting about a
billion times slower than the old one.

I've had it up for about 5 minutes now, and I still don't have gdm.  I
just ctrl+alt+F2'd and I see gnome-settings-daemon, plymouth-log-viewer,
and gdm-simple-greeting at the top of `top`.

While typing this up, it finally came up, a good 10 minutes after
booting.  (Uptime says 9 minutes.)

Load is still 5.

Any idea how to go about figuring what went wrong?

I did:

  livecd-iso-to-disk.sh --force --xo --overlay-size-mb 512 \
    --swap-size-mb 512 F10-*.iso /dev/sdb1

--
Benjamin Reed
The OpenNMS Group