Snap2 KDE desktop crashes, konqueror can't resolve names

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sun Oct 19 06:49:43 UTC 2008

I'm testing the F10-Snap2-x86_64-Live-KDE image and have encountered
these two problems so far:

1. After booting up the live image without any network cable plugged
in, I started Web Browser (konqueror).  This failed with a DNS error
page of course since I had no network connection yet. I plugged my
Ethernet cable in and NetworkManager got an address without problems.
>From konsole I was able to ping and ssh to IP addresses and DNS names
without problems.  However, the open web browser still reported DNS
errors on every page I tried.  Even closing konqueror and reopening it
again didn't clear the error.

2. Shortly after the above tests, I was typing in the terminal and the
entire desktop session crashed and sent me back to the KDM login.

I rebooted and verified that Konqueror worked correctly if I left the
network cable plugged in before logging in and launching the Web
Browser.  However, the desktop crashed again in short order.