f9 gnome auto login questions

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 22:05:09 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 11:59:02AM -0700, Skunk Worx wrote:
> Skunk Worx wrote:
>> Adam Pribyl wrote:

>>> I'd consider this as bug with security implications too.. to me it
>>> seems as kind of serious problem worth to report into bugzilla.
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion, Adam...bz # 467569
>
> Note : renaming /usr/bin/gdmflexiserver, as mentioned in a similar
> Ubuntu bug report (referenced in the bz), appears to disable the "Switch
> User" button.

That's definitely not the right solution for disabling user switching.

I believe the correct way is to edit
/etc/gconf/schemas/desktop_gnome_lockdown.schemas, changing the entry:

/schemas/desktop/gnome/lockdown/disable_user_switching

...to be <default>true</default> for all users.

You should never have to monkey with things in /usr to set
configurations like this.