F10-Snapshot-X86_64-KDE

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Oct 20 00:20:12 UTC 2008

Mani A wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 9:14 PM, Mani A <a.mani.cms at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am replying to my mail.
>> I tried the latest one (released yesterday).
>
> and snapshot-2 too
>
>> TEST-1, 2
>>
>> System: AMD dual core Athlon ATI690G
>> RAM: 4 GB (Dual Channel DDR2)
>> Graphics: Radeon X1200 (integrated) &  Card Radeon 2400
>> Hard Disk: SATA Seagate   AHCI
>>
>> Extra Boot Time Kernel Parameters: NONE
>>
>> Messages:
>> Did see things like
>> don't' know how to make device "loop2"
>> don't' know how to make device "loop3"
>>

> All other problems seem to be fixed in snapshot-2, except for
> automatic detection of display resolution.

I'm not worried about "automatic detection," is there any way at all to tell the
system to use more than 640x480 (800x600 on one system)? The nice tab for
defining monitor resolution is gone, replaced with nothing I have found.

640x480 on a 1600x1200 or 1920x1080 monitor is very readable, probably from 100
yards away without optics. I've given up testing for the moment, nothing I
really want to test runs, even in 800x600.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>