Fedora 10 Snap 3 Installs Nice Over HTTP, Does Not Boot Post-Install

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sun Oct 26 01:58:00 UTC 2008

I had a flawless installation experience using Fedora 10 Snapshot 3. I
extracted and wrote the boot.iso image to a CD, used that to boot the
laptop and proceeded to do an HTTP install. I installed the snapshot to
an older Western Digital Passport external hard drive. The idea is to
connect the drive to my powered USB hub which is in turn connected to my
Dell Latitude laptop. However I tried to preserve the first two
partitions on the Passport drive. This act probably prevented the Fedora
10 system from booting after the installation? I'm not sure how to work
around it. Furthermore I encrypted the installation partitions...or I
hope I did. I hope I didn't encrypt the entire WD drive. I didn't want
the first two partitions on the drive to be encrypted.

Thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland