Fedora-10 killed my computer ...

Danny.Terweij d.terweij at nettuning.net
Sun Oct 26 21:52:48 UTC 2008

From: "Timothy Murphy" <gayleard at eircom.net>

> Now, my question is:
> Was the fact that this happened after running F10
> a pure coincidence?

> I'm intending to look at the CMOS battery,
> and perhaps try re-installing the BIOS.
> Any other suggestions gratefully received.

There is no OS known that touching a BIOS. A OS does READ the BIOS. So yes,
maybe you need to replace CMOS backup battery.

Also, on a old mainboard i have just 1 HDD set in bios, rest of the 3 HDD's
are not set. Still any kind of Linux does see all the drives. So maybe Linux
does not read BIOS at all.

Good luck.