XO: Snap3 is a step backwards?

Blake St. Claire blakestclaire at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 20:31:09 UTC 2008

I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

--overlay-size-mb 512 --swap-size-mb 384 (from
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestPlans/Fedora10_On_XO) is too big
for the 4G SD. I used 384 and 256.

First time power up I think the kernel had an oops while booting.

Second time got as far as the login and clicked the Login button.
After 30 seconds of nothing happening I pressed Ctrl-Alt-F2 and
switched to text-mode getty on tty2 before the box wedged.

Third time got past the login (now with  the wrong DPI) and got as far
as the Appearances Preferences to try to reset the DPI, and also
started a terminal before the box wedged.

What do they say about doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results?

Anyone have any better luck with Snap3?

/Blake