Need help testing updates transition for 8 and 9

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 20:04:30 UTC 2008

Arch Willingham <arch <at> tuparks.com> writes:

> I rebooted and tired it again...it sat there for a long time...nothing. I then
cheated and ran YUMEX. It saw
> the five  updates and applied them just fine. Once the ran I tried running the
(System -> Administration ->
> Update System) and again, it just sat there doign nothing. I let it sit while

Is it worth checking that the symptoms seen in
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/rel-eng/2008-September/001729.html
may or may not be happening?

i.e. that:

"* At this point it appears that PK failed, but it is actually updating
packages in the background while the dialog shows a failure and the
other dialog makes it appear that it finished."

is or is not happening?