Non X console removal

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Sep 15 14:06:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 02:14:59PM +0100, Keith Roberts wrote:
> Hi all. Is this really necessary to remove the option of consoles in
> text-mode?
>
> I find it really handy to be able to fireup more than one console in non
> X mode when doing a fresh Fedora installation.

This seems to be an extremely unpopular decision for a variety of
reasons.  Is it something that can be overridden by popular demand?

Despite the influx of newcomers, I suspect that much of Fedora's user
base still consists of sysadmin types who use RH, CentOS, or something
similar on the job.

Is it  even worth mentioning that the lack of console login is one of
the most frequent complaints about the Linpus Lite Fedora derivative
shipped with the Acer Aspire One?

As Fedora is, in theory, a community distro, perhaps there should be
some sort of vote.  :)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6