Cannot grant PolicyKit authorizations

Peter Bloomfield peterbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 15 22:27:40 UTC 2008

From: Andrew Farris <lordmorgul gmail com>
> Hey folks,
>
> I just got an install of rawhide done and configuring it using much of
> my previous home directory. I've got a problem with policykit
> authorizations though... I can't grant them to any users.
>
> I've tried with a fresh user, and my main user, and
> polkit-gnome-authorization does nothing when I try to grant an
> authorization, it just has a disabled 'grant' button in the dialog after
> choosing a user and limits for the authorization.
>
> All I'm getting from packagekit is a denied access dialog, no offer to
> let me grant authorization (no dialog to use root credentials to grant
> auth for a user?) for updates or new software installs.

I have a similar problem after yum-upgrading from F9 to rawhide.
PackageKit fails periodically, complaining
'org.freedesktop.packagekit.system-sources-refresh no', but if I try to
edit the corresponding implicit authorizations, the 'Modify' button stays
insensitive, so I have no way to implement the change.