xorg-x11-drv-ati problem?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Sep 18 20:48:21 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 15:21:37 -0400,
  Lyvim Xaphir <knightmerc at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Current ATI drivers are not compatible with any xorg server version
> greater than 1.4.2.  There will not be xorg server 1.5 compatibility
> until next month at the latest.

That may be true for some ATI stuff, but for my rv280 and r530 based cards
F9 was working just fine. There are some issues in rawhide, but considering
the big changes for modesetting this isn't entirely surprising.

> There is a new ATI driver release as of yesterday (9-17-08) which
> includes a slew of bugfixes, including screen tearing during xvid play,
> but it still isnt' capable of working with xorg server 1.5.

Note this isn't a Fedora ATI driver as Fedora's driver for ATI cards hasn't
changed for a few days.