rawhide report: 20080920 changes

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Sep 20 15:00:40 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 15:27:13 +0100,
  Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:

> I think something is missing here. I updated mono yesterday, pyOpenSSL
> was updated, mx was updated and probably a pile of others from other
> contributors, but they seem to have vanished. I know OOo3.0-0.7 was on
> koji the other day, but that has failed to materialise.
>
> Is something going wrong?

No.

I think the idea is to get people to test what the beta install is going to
look like without having a lot of stuff changing after it has been tested and
before the beta spin is built.

I am just doing yum updates in rawhide and not testing installs or updates
from f9, so I have made a script to find koji updates and am pulling stuff
that will be in rawhide when the freeze is over. I have been seeing some
video issues related to modesetting so I had been pulling new kernels as
soon as I saw them anyway, so I figured I would look at a way to pull
other updates while using my local rawhide mirrors to avoid pulling rpms
I already had from koji.