xorg-x11-drv-ati problem?

Lyvim Xaphir knightmerc at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 20 21:02:37 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 20:57 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2008-09-20, 09:05 GMT, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> > I've run F9, I've got ATI, and I've got an opinion.  If you
> > don't like my opinion then bite my ass.
>
> Enjoy your opinion, but please don't confuse ati drivers with
> fglrx, so that I don't that confused again. Please.
>
> Matěj

I think you're gonna be confused no matter what, since fglrx DOES happen
to be the authoritative ati drivers; by the manufacturer.  The
manufacturer (by definition the CREATOR of the hardware), is also by
definition then the creator of the AUTHORITATIVE drivers.  So you've got
the real drivers by the manufacturer and then you've got the freetard
drivers which have the subpar performance.  At least with the latest
hardware and not including legacy hardware.

LX