Help me triage

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Sat Sep 27 02:20:33 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating said the following on 09/24/2008 08:41 AM Pacific Time:
> On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 13:14 +0200, Tomas Mraz wrote:
>>> I guess triagers hear this a lot... I know I've been talking to several
>>> people about this, but has a serious request for a CONFIRMED status or
>>> flag ever been put in with the bugzilla maintainers? I'm not sure
>>> whether that can be done for the Fedora Product alone, as obviously (if
>>> it can only be done for the entire bugzilla, globally) this would impact
>>> RH's workflows.
>> +1 for adding CONFIRMED status to bugzilla. I don't think it would
>> affect RH products much. Either it wouldn't be used at all or treated
>> like equivalent to NEW for them.
>
> I would be for it as well.  I do believe the gnome bugzilla uses
> something along those lines.  It's nice as a bug filer as well to see
> something go from UNCONFIRMED (or NEW) to CONFIRMED.  At least I know
> that they see it as a problem, whether or not it'll get fixed any time
> soon doesn't matter, they've at least acknowledged the problem.

Since we didn't have the CONFIRMED state at the time we hoped that the
NEW --> ASSIGNED transition might be a similar indication.

What would be the preference for indicating that a bug has been "triaged"?

1) Keyword = "Triaged"
2) CONFIRMED bug state
3) CONFIRMED flag

I believe #3 offers the advantage of being able to set ACLs as to who
can or can't set a particular flag.

In the meantime I'll see what I can find out from our bugilla people.

John