does "scribus" actually start for anyone (on x86_64)?

  from memory (and from yesterday), on my fresh install of f11b
x86_64, i tried to start scribus and all i got was the initial
splashscreen, with a small message at the bottom about installing, i
think, "scriptplugin", and that was as far as it got.

  i'm doing another install as we speak so i can test it again, but
has anyone else seen this?

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.