F11B report/regressions

Jason Farrell farrellj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 18:11:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 18:16 +0200, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> > So, the fact that tap-clicks and scrolling is off by default is as
> > intended?
>
> Yes.  Tap-clicks are a pretty severe usability issue.  Way too easy to
> inadvertently click or even highlight on something by accident and
> overwrite it with text, doubly so if your palms brush the surface while
> typing.

Who's responsible for changing the tap default yet again?

IIRC, tap-to-click was on by default in F8, then off in F9, then back on in
F10, and now it'll be off again in F11. I'm in the pro-tap2click camp --
precisely *because* it is so effortless to use VS button clicking, if you've
got any dexterity at all -- but why the flip-flopping? And if there was a
vote, I wonder what the consensus might be.

--
Jason "zcat" Farrell