future f12 test days

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 20:15:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 03:36:55PM -0400, James Laska wrote:
> My apologies for not recalling the name, but a fellow tester posted a
> comment in fedora planet recently suggesting this very idea ... that the
> live image come with some pointers or instructions for the current test
> day.  This is a great idea.
>
> I'd like to not have to constantly edit the kickstart file used to
> generate the live image.  Can folks think of a good way so that with a
> little shell/python/$lang we can use the same kickstart file to produce
> a live image that has ...
>
>       * the Test Day starts as the firefox homepage
>       * Or ... the firefox home page finds the most *current* test day

Or just point it at [[Test_Day:Current]] on the wiki (which I just
made), and whenever we shift test days, just remember to keep that
updated.  Note that I put it in the Test_Day: namespace so anyone can
change it, so if it slips the collective mind, it will be easy to
fix.  I suppose you could put this in a .url file on the Desktop.

>       * Create a .desktop file when clicked, "Join Test Day IRC
>         discussion"

Sounds reasonable to me -- could pidgin launch IRC based on this?  Or
maybe just build in xchat-gnome?