disk order changes?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat Apr 4 04:11:32 UTC 2009

Anyone know why the ordering of disk devices is apparently
different when booting anaconda kernel? (from F11 beta DVD).

My USB drive becomes /dev/sdb and the 2nd fixed disk winds
up as /dev/sdc.

I know there are no guarantees, but naming removable devices
ahead of fixed devices seems kinda peculiar.

It also caused much confusion when I was trying to do a
hard disk install (which doesn't work even when I get
the names right, but is really broken when I'm telling
it the wrong disk drive for the image :-).