fedora 11 beta hard disk install?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat Apr 4 12:51:55 UTC 2009

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 07:40:20 -0500
Mike Chambers wrote:

> Correct.
>
> What you need to do is in the same dir that the dvd.iso resides, create
> a images dir and put the install.img file in it.
>
> /path/to/dvd.iso
> /path/to/dvd.iso/images/install.img
>
> Above is hwo it should look and what to have and the install should then
> go ahead.

That's what I did - it doesn't work with the files from the
fedora 11 beta x86_64 DVD image (don't know about the others,
since that's the only one I've tested).

The images/install.img file enables it to get farther. I get
errors much earlier in the process without it, so it has
some effect, it just can't actually complete the install
(or really even get started - it dies around the 2nd
screen of the GUI installer).