F11B No mouse, exception writing filesystem info

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 4 16:16:58 UTC 2009

Leon Stringer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just tried F11B on my Intel D845GERG2 system.
>
> The default video drive worked mostly for Anaconda (i.e. not the basic
> driver). There was minor corruption but it was perfectly usable.
> However, there was no mouse. But I can confirm the keyboard shortcuts
> work well! At least as far as...

Managed to complete the install. Second time around, the existing
partition had been deleted and creating a new one didn't get the
exception. However I did get an exception at the end of the install
process but again my attempts to save it were thwarted. That said I
booted and got the first time configuration pages but still no mouse.
(Nor was I prompted to set up any networking).

I've now done a yum update and still no mouse -- except that it is
working, just not drawing the cursor. Using the 'show position on Ctrl
key' I can just about work out what I'm doing.

The video display is fine but hasn't detected my monitor so I'm running
at low res (800x600).