F11 beta xfce i686 spin

psmith johnsmithdoe14 at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 4 20:07:51 UTC 2009

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 20:11:30 +0100
> psmith <johnsmithdoe14 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>

>> thanks again for the help kevin, it's much appreciated :-)
>>

> Well, I can confirm here that somehow the i686 Xfce iso is not
> functional. :( I get the same hang here. I know it was fine on
> 2009-03-25 when I last did a i686 compose.
>
> You said you tried the gnome i686 and it worked ok?
>
> This is quite weird. :(

yeah the gnome i686 works fine, that's what i couldn't understand, but
it's not just the live iso's i have problems with as the x86-64 dvd
balks at the "this is beta software..." dialouge and puts the machine
down for re-boot no matter what option i choose, but that's a problem
for another time :)
> I did a local compose of a i686 iso and it works fine.
> I can't think of off hand any kernel changes that would be in the i686
> gnome iso that would not also have been in the Xfce one. ;(
>
> I can upload my local iso for folks to test with, but it will be a few
> hours as my upload BW isn't that great here.
>
> I'll try and figure out whats going on here.

that would be great, at least with a working iso i can go into work on
monday and start updating the guys netbooks, as for the slow upload i
suffer the same here 30-35k/s max :( but i'm off out now for the night
so having it up for tomorrow am uk time will be plenty quick enough :)

thanks again!