gazillions of modprobe messages?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Apr 5 20:53:19 UTC 2009

One both startup and shutdown I'm seeing scads of warnings
about obsolete modprobe files and files requiring .conf
suffixes. (I think they show up every time a module
is loaded or unloaded).

Since I have done absolutely no editing of any modprobe
files, this feels like something in the released files
that isn't compatible with what the released software
expects.

Anyone know what is going on with this?

WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files belong into /etc/modprobe.d/.
WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-visor, it will be ignored in a future release.

And where's the phraseology "belong into" come from? :-).