updated f11 now running kdm, not gdm?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Apr 6 03:01:41 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 05:53:24PM -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:

> I'm still logging it to a gnome session, but the login screen itself
> is now running kdm instead of gdm (unless the updates changed gdm
> to look exactly like kdm :-).

Look at /etc/X11/prefdm script.  If you have /etc/sysconfig/desktop
then you can set up a desired login handler there.  If that file is
missing, or its content does not provide a desired information, then
/etc/X11/prefdm was few days ago changed to retrieve an information
what to run via rpm.  This was a fixed list of tries before that.
It appears that your case you end up with kdm.

    Michal