Re: disk order changes?

Scott Robbins wrote:
On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 03:37:07PM +0200, Dennis J. wrote:
On 04/04/2009 06:11 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:

I'm seeing a somewhat related issue when installing RHEL/Centos 5 systems from an usb stick. The grub device map gets all mixed up and the installed system doesn't boot. After every install I have to boot into the rescue system and fix the device map and grub config to remove the usb stick reference and have the entries point to the right device.

Documented in CentOS release notes.
Assuming that you're only using the USB stick to boot to a network or
hard drive installation....

As soon as Anaconda starts (CentOS notes say wait for the GUI, but I
haven't found it necessary), pull out the USB stick.

Should be able to fix it with ks (which could be interactive) and a %post script to fix the grub configuration.

You'll need to examine a fixed system to see what "fixed" means.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait