Re: Loss of accounts with f11 update

shmuel siegel wrote:
Panu Matilainen wrote:
There was a bug (just fixed this morning) in rpm which makes yum-complete-transaction do nasty things.
Nasty is not a strong enough word. I'm certainly glad that this happened to rawhide users and not release users. This kind of bug could ruin Fedora's name for a long time.

If the problem is connected with the change of checksumming method, someone's reputation should be harmed.

It's pretty obvious that rpm has to checksum using the old method for a long time to come- as long as upgrading from the oldest supported EL (and maybe oldest-1) to the latest is supported.

I'm with Lennart, I would have been extremely annoyed, and J's attitude would simply have made me more so.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait