No i386 images in rawhide,

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Mon Apr 6 17:46:15 UTC 2009

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 19:33 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>>
>> Details please? Actual rpmdb *corruption* is rare, it's almost always
>> something else. "Last couple of days" sounds like it could be the
>> related to the NSS caused breakage.
>
> When on an x86_64 system and trying to compose an i386 install tree, the
> buildinstall process falls over when trying to compose the image due to
> what looks like rpmdb corruption, but could be something else.  Note
> that we explicitly rm -f the /var/lib/rpm/__db* files before running
> pungi (buildinstall).  I am not able to reproduce outside our build
> environment, and even outside this particular host, yet.  Still
> investigating.
>
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/mash/rawhide-20090403/logs/i386.log

i386 on x86_64 borking could easily fit the recent NSS thingie, which is
exactly a multilib issue (bug 494122, nss-softokn-freebl getting pulled in
for just one, possibly wrong arch on multilib systems). See if it goes
away with nss-3.12.2.99.3-7.

The errors look like memory corruption of sorts (garbled/truncated macro
strings), if that goes away by updating NSS then it's probably some
path(s) not correctly checking for failures from NSS (there are probably
plenty) and tripping up something else in turn.

 	- Panu -