installation issues

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Apr 6 18:00:47 UTC 2009

> Craig White wrote:
>
> > It seems to come up with a text screen that's immediately replaced by a
> > graphic screen that's blank and until I touch any key and what appears
> > to be the grub screen scrolls up saying something like Press [TAB] to
> > enter options.
> >
> > If I press the <Enter> key, I am given a box that says 'Password
> > Required' - wtf?
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> # yum --enablerepo=rawhide update syslinux and try again. Do read the
> release notes in detail as well.
----
OK - I got this done and get all the way into GUI but am getting an
installer error - Unknown Device - The installation source given by
device /dev/sdb1 could not be found. Please check your parameters and
try again.

vc std out indicates (forgive any typos here)
INFO anaconda called with cmdline = ['/usr/bin/anaconda', '--stage2',
'hd:/dev/sdb1://images/install.ing', '--graphica', '--selinux',
'--lang', 'en_US.UTF-8', '--keymap', 'us', '--repo', 'hd:/dev/sdb1:/'

and then the error is
DEBUG: failed to resolve '/dev/sdb1'

and of course mount doesn't show it.

I am booting as USB HDD, and it indeed is /dev/sdb1 and I am
choosing /dev/hdb1 as the installation source. I can't conceive of
another path to make it work. Ideas?

Craig

believed to be clean.