No i386 images in rawhide,

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Apr 6 18:30:48 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 20:46 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> > http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/mash/rawhide-20090403/logs/i386.log
>
> i386 on x86_64 borking could easily fit the recent NSS thingie, which is
> exactly a multilib issue (bug 494122, nss-softokn-freebl getting pulled in
> for just one, possibly wrong arch on multilib systems). See if it goes
> away with nss-3.12.2.99.3-7.

I really don't think that's the case, unless somehow something went so
wrong that you're getting an x86_64 package in an i386 chroot.  We're
using an x86_64 host to generate an i386 chroot, so all the content
inside the chroot should be i386 (well i386/i586/i686 but you get the
picture)

> The errors look like memory corruption of sorts (garbled/truncated macro
> strings), if that goes away by updating NSS then it's probably some
> path(s) not correctly checking for failures from NSS (there are probably
> plenty) and tripping up something else in turn.

Updating NSS where?  These chroots are being made from the koji
static-repos for dist-f11, is there a newer nss that is not even in
koji?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)