Re: dependency resolving issues

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 21:35:08 -0700
Rob Healey <robhealey1 gmail com> wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> I guess that I just do not understand how things work around here --
> that being, an open community problem?

Top posting and quoting an entire digest is not a great way to
introduce yourself to the community. ;(

> To me, I would not submit something if all it did was have broken
> dependencies or broke the software!!!
>
> Having three packages have dependency resolution problems, doesn't
> sound too professional to me!

The libdrm, xorg-x11-drv-ati and kernel builds were all started
around the same time, but the rawhide compose occured before the
kernel had finished building, thus it was not in the rawhide compose
and resulted in the problems you saw.

Just a matter of bad timing, not any unprofessional activity or the
like.

> Sincerely,
> Rob G. Healey

kevin