dependency resolving issues

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 7 22:05:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 14:29 +0800, John Summerfield wrote:

> Rob has a fair point. I'd think most of the logic to avoid this problem
> exists in various packages such as yum, that do dependency tracking and
> checking.
>
> Checking that rawhide (and other repos) is consistent before pushing an
> update is sensible, and maybe not too difficult if maybe not of the
> greatest urgency.

OK, so we check. Then what happens if it's not?

That's a harder question to answer. And usually the issues are transient
ones like this that you can easily just dodge with --skip-broken, so
where's the real harm? The broken deps get reported daily so it's not
like they're hidden.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey