malformed boot.iso in i586 rawhide today - 20090407 - panic trying to find init

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Apr 8 06:26:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 19:51 -0400, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
>> There is, finally, an i386 image directory in rawhide, but I can't test
>> install it because the boot.iso is malformed and gets a kernel panic
>> trying to start the anaconda init with an "init not found" error.
>>
>> Did my burn fail or is this seen by others?
>
> I'm seeing this as well, still investigating.

I wouldn't be exactly shocked if this had to do with the other
i386-compose problems, if rpm memory is getting corrupted somehow as it
seems from the errors... the fact that it appeared to complete this time
could just mean the corruption hit some other part.

But dunno, investigating here too. So far I haven't managed to reproduce
anything like the memory corruption.

 	- Panu -