dependency resolving issues

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 8 11:50:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Seth Vidal wrote:
>> unless the checker had similar behavior as chain-build does.
>
> Good luck chainbuilding an upgrade of something like OpenLDAP.

That's sort of the point isn't it?

Think of it like this:

I go to build openldap. After my build koji runs a test tells me that this
will break rawhide and cannot be checked in. It returns to me a
list of all pkgs that depend on openldap and it is now my job as the
maintainer to notify all these people that they need to rebuild their
packages and/or I perform a rebuild for them and point them at the
alternative scratch build that has been started for me for the openldap
migration.

Once all those pkgs and their deps are built then those items can be
tagged into rawhide.

I know there is a lot of things there which don't exist, yet, but what do
folks think about this goal?

-sv