Rawhide Install failure

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 02:13:31 UTC 2009

Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 7:59 PM, Eric Sandeen <sandeen at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Jerry Amundson wrote:

>> Bugzilla really and truly is the place to report bugs.  Anywhere else
>> stands a much greater chance of getting lost.
>
> True, but my point is we should have more respect for the personal
> lives of everyone giving time here, and in all open source projects.
> In fact, were it up to me, the wording of the above snippet would be
> changed. But it's not, so it won't. (don't bother to give me the
> its-a-wiki-change-it crap)

> I also find it ironic that this thread immediately invokes defensive,
> borderline demanding, responses from two @redhat.com addresses.

I'm sorry you took it that way from me; I hoped to clarify the
documented best practices for bug reporting.

> The greatest efficiency is for shit to work the first time. When it
> doesn't, we're here to help, but don't expect it to be more than what
> each person is capable of contributing.

And I'm here to help too - but on the flipside, don't expect developers
who can help resolve these issues to constantly be scanning lists like
this for bug reports, when bugzilla is the documented best place for them.

Thanks,
-Eric