problem with NetworkManager

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Apr 10 04:15:56 UTC 2009

> On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 16:04 -0700, Craig White wrote:
>
> > > i had a similar problem in F11 beta on my aspire one, it was caused by
> > > the acer_wmi module, try removing that if it's loaded and see if it
> > > makes a difference
> > ----
> > all the difference in the world...thanks
>
> Bug report! Bug report!
----
happy to do that but I'm not sure what I file it against.

problem resolved by 'modprobe -r acer_wmi'

I also created...

# cat /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-acer.conf
blacklist acer_wmi

Not sure if that was necessary but it made sense to me  ;-)

What do I file against? modprobe?

Craig

believed to be clean.