No numeric keypad in Rawhide

psmith psmith at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 10 12:47:40 UTC 2009

Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
>> consolekit for one
>>

> thanks,
> we have many *kit things, and many of them are not well documented
> consolekit does not even have a page in Wikipedia
>
> a friend of mine installed some framebuffer-based login manager called qingy
> http://qingy.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php
> and he had several permission problems like PA does not have
> permission to play sound, I guess they are because qingy does not know
> consolekit
>
> but how consolekit is related to mapping numpad keys ?

not necesarily consolekit for the keymapping problems but some others
may not be loaded, i'm not seeing it on any of my f11b machines so i
can't say for sure, as for your friends problem i would definitely think
that not invoking a consolekit session would be the cause of his
pulseaudio permissions problems
>> ... , also top posting isn't good etiquette
>>
> regarding violating your etiquette
> Hey! come on,  I said please!
> and I don't follow any etiquette (good nor bad)
> if it's polite, calm, and a good manner then it's good because some
> rationals not because it's with accordance to someone's etiquette
>
> according to our good manners giving a public advice is next to an
> insult and only humble people accept it,
> Usually people would appreciate it if you tell advice them in a private message
> and I'm going to tell you why telling, people tend to have pride
> and the pride could prevent them from accepting the good advice
> so telling an advice in public is like "I don't want him to accept the
> advice, I know he won't, I just want to embarrass him  before the
> public"
>
> BTW: in gmail they appear as "--show quoted text" and it puts the cursor in top
>
> I'm waiting the rationals in a PM

no need for a pm, or rationalisation just read here >>
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines#If_You_Are_Replying_to_a_Message