Installer says not enough free space on disc and gives exception

Rangeen Basu sherry151 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 14:34:04 UTC 2009

Hi

I was trying to install Fedora 11 beta from live usb on my disc which
has 5 existing partitions and a free space of 4.2 GB. But when I try
to make new partition, it says not enough disc space. Even use free
space to create layout wont work. One thing that can be noted that,
the free space is before the extended partition. Could this be a
problem. If I remember correctly, I faced a similar problem with  I
even tried to delete the swap partition to make some space but the
installer exited with an unhandled exception. The debug info is huge
and so am not pasting it here.

Regards
--
Rangeen Basu Roy Chowdhury