mptsas driver and gnome interaction improved

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Apr 10 17:47:30 UTC 2009

For the last month or so I haven't been able to use gnome on a machine with
a SAS controller using the mptsas driver as something run when I logged in
triggered a problem where my internal disk devices all got removed.
I can use gnome today. The fix either came in yesterday's or today's updates.
There wasn't a kernel update, but gnome had some changes.

I didn't see anyone else complaining about this particular issue, but figured
I'd mention the change in status since I complained about it here.