at this point, firefox 3.1 beta 3 is unusable

Wes Shull wes.shull at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 21:57:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>  first, the two sessions i had up froze solid, which required
> "killall firefox".  a new session i started lasted less than 10
> seconds before it vanished.
>
>  time for a different browser, methinks, until this is sorted out.

On the other hand, about two weeks ago I grabbed the 3.1b3 srpm from
koji and rebuilt on F10 (also had to grab and build updated xulrunner,
pango, and sqlite).  It's been working just fine for me on my x86_64
F10, using the adobe flash plugin, many extensions (adblock plus,
download statusbar, greasemonkey, header spy, noscript, session
manager, tab mix plus, and (fo)xmarks.)  Oh, and I routinely have 80+
tabs open.

I'm also running a rawhide kernel, FWIW.  And evil nvidia binary driver.

Maybe your issues are related to something else on rawhide, and not
the firefox beta?

--wes