firefox is regularly dying

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Apr 12 19:34:06 UTC 2009

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009, Tom Horsley wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 13:49:50 -0400 (EDT)
> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
> >   http://linux-kvm.org
>
> No problem for me, fedora 10 x86_64, nspluginwrapper and 32 bit
> flash on my system.

  it works fine for me on a fully-updated f9 with the rest of it as
you describe it, but i tested it twice more on f11 beta (without the
64-bit flash plugin), and it locks up on that web page every single
time, and exactly the same way each time.

  the page will start to load, the firefox progress bar in the bottom
right makes it about 90% of the way across, then ... lockup.  the
cursor will still be movable, but everything else is toast.

  and, curiously, the jpg graphic you see below "KVM Forum 2008" is
never loaded.  ever.  the rest of the page is displayed fine -- it's
as if firefox gets everything else, then locks everything up trying to
load that graphic.

  and i'll bet i'm the only person seeing this.  :-)

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday