firefox is regularly dying

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Mon Apr 13 00:58:32 UTC 2009

Whether you can refer to a domain by it's domain name only in a browser
address bar, or by prepending 'www.' to the domain name

linux-kvm.org vs. www.linux-kvm.org

is a DNS issue, and is not a browser issue. Without explaining all the
details, the DNS server authoritative for the linux-kvm.org domain
should include DNS resource records so that linux-kvm.org and
www.linux-kvm.org can both be found. The DNS server for that domain does
in fact do it. Evidently it does, because the url "http://linux-kvm.org"
works fine for me when I type it in the address bar of Firefox, press
<enter>, and get the expected website.

Bob