howto get rid from the ugly leonidas login gdm background pixmap?

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 14:26:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 08:19 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi,
Hi,

> howoto get back the old F11 Beta gdm login background pixmap? I find
> the new one
> /usr/share/backgrounds/leonidas/lion/normalish/1280x1024/leonidas-1-noon.jpg
>  rather ugly (installed by update on April 12). This is an easter egg?
A quick replace for KDE folks to have something to work with. The final
version will be simpler, without the lion (unless you have dual-screen).
I am going to push a new package probably later today or tomorrow. Check
out [1] for general idea what will be in there and [2] for our latest
approach to that design.

If you want to offer some constructive critics feel free to approach us
on the fedora-art-list.

And to answer your first question, if you are using gnome, to change the
wallpaper in gdm, just choose the wallpaper you want in the Appearances
capplet (e.g. by right-clicking the desktop and selecting 'Change
Desktop Background' and selecting the wallpaper) and hit the 'Make
Default' button. In case you like the wallpaper from F11 Beta, that is
available in leonidas-backgrounds-landscape package.

Martin