Re: new install: how can i not have enough space?

Quoting David <dgboles comcast net>:

On 4/14/2009 4:53 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
argh!  i just started a new install on my laptop, so i could divvy
things up into numerous logical volumes.  i selected a pile of software,
only to be told that my selected packages require 4698 MB of space and i
don't have that much available.

excuse me?  i have separate LVs for /, /home, /usr, /var, /tmp and /opt,
with the *smallest* of those being 5G (/usr is 16G, /home is 50G, all
the rest are 5G).  how exactly do i not have enough space with 16G for
/usr?

Perhaps the computer user rule of Pebcak Robert?   ;-)

  ok, so what did i forget?

rday